Saturday, August 10, 2013

Week 2 Down

August 9th, 2013

LONG week. And it's still not really over. We got a new investigator this week, Maria (AKA Sister Steinbeigel, who is our teacher). Not a whole lot happened with her and we are only teaching her maybe once more, but still. We are starting TRC tonight. Don't ask what it stands for I have no idea, but it means we are teaching real people. They could be members or non-members. A Korean girl got baptised last week from being taught my missionaries here. It was crazy. They had her come up to the stand during Mission Conference and bare her testimony. There was a translator and it was just so rad to heare that she came to know of the truth from being taught here! I'm nervous but excited to be teaching for real.
 
I have been kind of sick this week, getting better, really. But now Elder Williams has it. Lots of coughing and sneezing and phlegm (gross word). We have been using that Emeregen-C stuff. That helped me out a lot.
 
Portuguese is coming along. I would write things in the language on here, but it's a hassle to change the keyboard to portuguese to add the accents and such. But it's good. I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn't struggling, but I am learning which is good! We have been doing better at knowing what we need to say when we need to in the language. Sometimes Elder Williams and I practice by just talking in the language (Fala Sua Lingua). Stop me if I have told you all of this. Or whatever, I'll just talk forever.
 
I fasted yesterday for guidance and help with learning the things I can. We watched a talk last week during Movie time (RIGHT?) by Elder Bednar called Character of Christ.... LIFE CHANGING. It is all about how even in the roughest times during the life of Christ on earth, he only helped others. He was suffering on the cross and he didn't ask Heavenly Father to help the pain go away for him to be able to die quicker, he asked Heavenly Father to forgive the HORIBBLE people who were doing it to them. We have been praying to learn how to turn outwards instead of inwards like Christ did. I was fasting to know how to apply that yesterday as well.
 
Everything else really is same old. The MTC is awesome and I am so glad to be here. I think about Grandpa a lot and about how I know he is helping me.
 
Prayers are always helpful! I love you all!
 
Elder William Craig Kesler
 
I don't know which photos I will send, but I'll get a few out.

No comments:

Post a Comment