Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week 4!

August 23rd, 2013

I am in the wrong lab and I don't have my camera so looks like we will have to wait a week for that. 

ANYWAY. So first week as Zone Leaders was good. I was so stressed at the beginning that we would be the crappiest Zone Leaders ever. We weren't the best at it, but we are getting better. We have responsibilities that we have to take care of and people to take care of. We want people to see us as Elders you can talk to, and I think we are doing better at being that way. 

We got to host this week! (This email is pretty much going to be mostly about technical stuff and not spiritual stuff because I don't have a super lot of time sorry) As a host we get to pick up missionaries at their cars and bring them to where they need to go when they get here. We grab their bags and bring them to a building where they get their nametag, then we take them to their residence and drop off their luggage, then we get their books at the bookstore and then take them to their classroom. It was so awesome! I hosted 2 elders and I half hosted a sister until I found another sister to take over. It is so fun helping them feel safe and helping them not to worry.

So that was WednesdayWednesday night, the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders have a meeting with any new districts they have and we got a district of 13 I think this week. They are all so awesome! Elder Williams and I call them "the kids", even though that's not technically accurate or what we should call them. They are just so new and so innocent and really just have no idea what to do and we love answering all of the questions they have about things that we had no idea about as well. We talked to them that night about what it means to be a missionary and how awesome it is. We explained schedules and talked about what they will be doing the next few days to get settled. Then we give them a tour of the campus and let them know about the important buildings and just things to remember while on campus. We then split with the sisters and E. Williams and I take the elders to the residence

Elder Williams and I checked on the elders of our zone every night. We try to make everyone feel loved and it's nice because we are all in the same building. 

I'm thankful for this responsibility because I have already learned a lot more patience and also I am in the process of learning how to be uplifting and edifying instead of telling people they are doing things wrong. It's fine, my words. I'm learning. I am so blessed to have Elder Williams because he can sense when I am having problems or when I am stressed out. 

This week has been great and I am excited to find out my reassignment in A WEEK!

Love, 
Elder William Craig Kesler

No comments:

Post a Comment