Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 2 in the Field

Ok so let me talk about where I live. Our entire house pretty much is big tile. Its pretty cool. I dont sleep on dirt floor and we have a fridge and a stove. We have a washer and no dryer. I have a closet and a desk. The people here are very similar to people at home in that there are the richer and the poorer, but really, unless you are pretty wealthy, you dont care much about what the outside of your house looks like. But in general, they insides are not bad. It is very different but it isnt too hard to adjust to, in THAT aspect.

This week was better, very different. Elder Duarte did something to his knee and had to stay in. WE took turns staying with him. I am kind of rushed so sorry about the bad grammer and punctuation. I stayed in during lunch, with is when we dont do anything anyway, other than eat with members for like 2 hours. Then I took turns going out with Elder Simão and Elder Swallow. Doing lots of teaching and all. I like the extra time to study though. If I could read the Book of Mormon literally all day I would. So I know I should be bummed about not being out on the streets but I love the extra study time for language and all. 

We taught less people this week because of that, but I felt like we taught lots. Elder Simão and I have a baptism on Sunday which I am stoked about. We had two other people tell us they would be baptized too, but we have to find a day. It is not easy teaching people about this stuff, but I can SUPER see the help I am getting from Heavenly Father. 

I am leading a musical number at Mission Conference on Friday. Yeah what? The assistants called us yesterday and said the Mission President asked that I be in charge of it. We practiced today, it went fine, but I have been here for 2 weeks and everyone who is singing has been here at least a year and can speak, so there was a lot of translating. It's weird directing a little choir all by myself. Pray for me in that please haha. 

The language is coming. I talked to someone all by myself while my comp was talking to someone else. I mean they were both members and we were just chatting, but I wasn't like freaking out. Cool what Heavenly Father can do. And I am learning more about making sure to teach by the Spirit. I feel like I am always doing the spiritual thought at things, which is fine, and I am trying to bring the Spirit the best. My words don't mean anything if I dont have the spirit. 

Lots of learning and Lots of trials, but I am praying to understand and I am praying with thanks and praying for my trials. I know I have to go through them. 

I am pretty much out of time, but I love you all and sorry if I didn't reply to you. I got so many emails this week and I dont have THAT much time. I mean I do, but I guess I dont have enough.

Love from Brazil
Elder Kesler

No comments:

Post a Comment