Monday, September 23, 2013

Field Week 3

Alrighty everyone so I have been here for 3 weeks. What the heck. 

This last week we did a lot of traveling. Since I was picked to be in charge of the musical number at Mission Conference, we had to go to Brasilia, the city, 3 times this week. We went on Monday and then Wednesday to practice, and the Friday we had the actual conference. They asked me to lead all of the hymns as well, so that happened. It was fine though, and the musical number went well. They sang Come Thou Fount in Portuguese and we did some a capella parts and some mixed things with the 15 Elders and Sisters I had to work with. It was cool.

I got to see Elder Bean which was nice. We are both in like the exact same boat with how we are feeling about all of this. It isnt easy and we are trying our best. It is stressful at times and we think about how easy it would be if we were speaking English or if we were even just with people we know, like eachother. It was so good to see a familiar face and to be able to talk openly about what is all going on. 

We are teaching lots of people and trying to talk to as many people as we can. It is scary just walking up to people and talking, but worth it when we leave them with a good message. I have been praying for boldness and I could tell a few times this week that I have been better about it. 

P.S. I am obsessed with the Book of Mormon. I dont know if I have said that or not, but I wish I could read it at all hours of the day as well as the church magazines. There are so many talks and articles that just fill me with the spirit that I just hunger for more. And I am learning so much from the Book of Mormon is is ridiculous that I didnt care about its importance before. 

I am getting closer to the members here. I still dont understand them much, but I am able to joke a little with them and I think they are starting to like me more. 

Oh yeah, I baptized someone yesterday. His name is Victor and he is a champ. He has been going to church for like 4 years or something and his uncle is a member. We taught him all of the lessons and he knew them pretty much already. He is a funny kid and when I had to do it TWICE, he just laughed. There wasnt much water so it was hard to get him all the way under. His uncle was going to baptize him but something came up and, surprise, Victor picked me to do it. It was a really cool experience. It was in Portuguese and everything.

I can tell the language is getting better. I am always stressed about it and I am praying I feel like every second. I am glad I am not alone in this. 

If people are thinking about sending me things, it takes like a month I think, so send them early haha. I mean you dont have to, but if you were thinking it. 

Ok, I love you all and think about you often.
Stay strong, and please keep praying. They are definitely working.

Love,
Elder William Craig Kesler

1 comment:

  1. nice, I remember those days trying to remember and learn Spanish. It will come. It took me 6 months to feel comfortable enough to go out with a local and teach. Hey Becca we are reading Elder Kesler's blog so keep it coming. Elder Stoor comes home in just about a month. Jim

    ReplyDelete