Wednesday, October 23, 2013

September 30th, 2013

Alright so it has now been over 2 months since I left home to come on a mission. Wait what? Yeah I only have 22 left haha. I dont really know what to say anymore haha. We have some really good investigators going right now, but at the same time it is a little rough because we want them all to be coming to church and all of it all and of course not everyone is doing that. We have some really strong people, though, that we are teaching. We are trying to have more large groups because that was something they talked to us about at Mission Conference. Trying.

I ate and tried many new things this week! Mom you will be happy to hear I had Goiabada and also cavada. The Goiabada was good! Elder Swallow bought more so we are going to have a little of it later, but I will send photos. The cevada was surprisingly good too! I enjoyed it  a lot haha. I had two glasses. We were at a recent convert's house (Cida and Everton) when they brought it out. I thought it was coffee at first but then they explained it haha. It is something similar to coffee, but doesnt have all of the stuff that makes it against the Word of Wisdom. Super good. I also had a fruit called "fruta caju campastre or "fruta caju do mato". I had a little one with one of our investigators, Sandra, but she said in other parts of the country they get huge. It was good, but sour because it was so small haha. I also had grilled cheese on a stick, just cheese. It was supe good and we ate it with Yuri, an RM in the ward and his mom Rosangela. We have been doing well with getting to try new things haha. Also, the candy here is so good. Its hard to find peanut butter and their pb candies are a bit different, but its ok, they have other delicious things. It rained a lot yesterday for the first time which was kind of fun. Used our guarda-chuvas for the first time. 

I started reading the Bible along with the Book of Mormon. I have never read it all the way through on my own and we use it a lot here. I want to have a testimony of it as well. I know it is true because I can feel it when I read it, but I want to understand it more and finish it. That has been great, because a lot of people think we dont use the Bible, but we definitely do. They go hand in hand and work together. 

I am really grateful that I am not alone here. I know I say that like every time in every email, but I love knowing I have Heavenly Father here. I am trying to be grateful to Him for more things, because I KNOW I couldnt do this without Him. I know He is my dad. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and my big brother and I am so thankful for what he did for me and for all of us. I am so blessed to have the gift of the Holy Ghost in my life, too because if I dont have the Holy Ghost, I cant teach, or learn. 

I dont know what else to say. They language is getting better, I am so blessed to have so many people praying for me, so thank you all. If I dont write anyone specifically, know I still love you, of course, and am thinking about you. But at the same time I am praying for focus and I know I will see you all in 22 months. No less. Love you all

Elder Kesler

No comments:

Post a Comment