Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 2 in Itapoa

YEAHHH Ok so I love this place. My companion is super rad, Elder Cervantes. He is from Arizona and we get along so well. We can really talk about things that help us to be better and we are learning a lot together... in English AND Português. When I got here, it was much easier to understand people. I still have to listen hard, but I am super learning. 

We had an awesome Mission Conference 2 weeks ago where we had Elder Snow from the 1st Quorum of the Seventy and Sister Snow come speak to us. Something cool was that I was asked to do a solo musical number in the Conference. I sang "How Great Thou Art" with Elder Condori at the piano. It went so well. I sang some parts in English and some in Portuguese. I just tried my hardest to remember who I was singing about. The Spirit was so strong there. I got choked up at one part. I made Elder Swallow cry (YES), but something really awesome was when Sister Snow spoke, she talked about the importance of hymns in sharing the Gospel. She thanked me for what I did and said I must have been inspired because that hymn is Elder Snow's favorite. I just about weeped. The tears just flowed. I am so grateful for the help I got from Heavenly Father in making that be the best it could be. I love Him so much. I am so grateful He answers my prayers. 

We had interviews this past week, which were awesome! Presidente Gaertner and I talked about awesome things and I am so glad to have him. Sister Gaertner gave me a box of chocolates as a gift for my birthday from a couple weeks ago. I love them so much! I got a mission pin, too which I am glad for. 

After interviews, Sister Gaertner brought me and Elder Cervantes to the hospital. I had something in my leg that, here, is called a "borga" I think. Pretty much it means a bug laid eggs in your body and you have to get it out without popping the sac of eggs. GROSS right? Well Elder Lant took a needle to me and tried to get it out. He said he didnt end up getting it out, but he was digging in deep. So we went to get it checked out. The doctor said there wasnt anything in there, and if there was, it had been gotten out. So he gave me a cream and some drugs to take 2 times a day. It's FINE. But yeah that happened. 

Things are going great here in Brazil! I really feel like a missionary now, even though I am still working on the language. But it is happening. Its all so real. And I hit 3 months this week! YEAH! We taught a really awesome family the other day how to play four square. I will send a photo or two of that. But yeah. I am super a missionary. Weird, huh?

Today we are going to carve pumpkins and do some Halloween things. Kind of sad we dont have candy corn, though. Dont be afraid to send me letters or packages! I have been getting letters from a few of you and they have been so wonderful every time!! I am so grateful for all of the help I am receiving from prayers from all of you. Please continue! This work is great! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I am reading "Jesus the Christ" a little bit each day and it is building my testimony a lot. Reach out to everyone you know, and of you my friends who arent "Mormon", try out going to church with my family, you know my mom would LOVE it. Listen to me here, if I have a cake (bolo) and I tell you it is DELICIOUS, you are going to want to eat it right? I can tell you over and over how tasty it is and so can tons of other people, but if you dont taste it for yourself, you will have no idea. Then, if you dont like it, that is up to you. But I can promise you, this gospel, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is better than any other cake you have tried or will try in your entire life. I promise you that if you take a chance at this gospel, your life will be blessed. Heavenly Father wants to bless us more than we can even comprehend. He has so many blessings waiting for each of us, because He knows each of us, and He cant wait to bless us. He will bless you through this gospel. Take a chance. Its not like it will hurt. 

I love you all. Thank you for the prayers. Talk soon.

Elder William C. Kesler

No comments:

Post a Comment