Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 7th, 2013

Week 5 in Field


Wasn't General Conference the BEST!? I was so sad when it ended becuase I was learning so much. I loved all of the talks, but a few really stuck out to me. Edward Dube in the first session was so full of strength. He talked about how faith is always pointing towards the future. He talked about how the Pioneers had faith because they had no idea where they were going or anything and they followed their leaders blindly because they knew they were God's servants. So many people quoted Matthew 11:28-30 where it says "Come unto me..." I love that scripture because it just brings so much hope. "Be yoked in hastening the work." I loved President Uchtdorf's talk about those who have left the church or who we are inviting. "Come, join with us" there is room for you here. And then he said "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." MAN I just about died when he said that. How perfect. I really liked President Packer's talk too. His story about the 15 year old missionary who had the dream "Joseph, you are late" "Yes, but I am clean". Awesome. There is so much more I could write about General Conference, but people can just look and watch it for themselves. 

Oh yeah, IT'S OCTOBER. Less than a week until my 21st birthday. I dont know if we will do anything, but it is still fun. I love October. I miss NY in the fall. 

During District Meeting this week we talked a lot about faith. We have a new assistant to the LMA and he is a rock. We tried so hard to be faithful this week and I think it is paying off. We are all really trying to be our best. It is never easy, but we are doing better. Along with faith comes hope. Hope is something I never really understood and I am trying to understand it. Over all, I am trying to be my best personally and as a missionary.

This is the last week of the transfer so we are trying our best. I am feeling more comfortable in being here. Being around the people, and about talking to people with less fear. We are thinking E. Simão will get transfered. 

Oh yeah! Things about Brazil, dogs are everywhere and it is nuts. They dont like attack us but they are everywhere. The busses are ridiculous and fast. They are literally like the Knight Bus in Harry Potter how fast they drive and how crazy it feels inside. The rain finally started and the storms here are awesome. There is always lightning and the sunsets are the greatest. Really. 

It is a short letter this week, but it is good right?

Thank you all for being so great to me.
I love you
Elder Kesler

No comments:

Post a Comment